Research and Publications
- Open medial placement of Kirschner wires for supracondylar humeral fractures in children. J Orthop Surg (Hong Kong). 2006 Apr;14(1):53-7. Barlas K, George B, Hashmi F, Bagga T.
- Acute Lisfranc joint disruption in a ballet dancer Foot and Ankle Surgery, Volume 11, Issue 2, 2005, Pages 105-108. Paul Gillespie, Angus Robertson, BIBU GEORGE and Aneel Nihal
- Dynamic hip screw migration-—an unusual case. injury extra 2006 37, 28-30 B. GEORGE, F.R. Hashmi, K.J. Barlas *, C.P. Grant
- Contiguous Synchronous Occurrence Of Primary Cerebral Lymphoma And Meningioma — B.GEORGE, R Kumar, RJU Bartlett, D O’Brien, British Journal of Neurosurgery, February 2007;21(1):1-4
- Fracture neck of femur following dynamic hip screw removal. B George, R Gaheer, AS Ratnam: case report; J.Orthopaedics 2007;4(1)e14
- COREC : The end of trainee – driven Clinical research? N Patel, B George, A Chandratreya, S Bollen. Bulletin of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, Volume 89, Number 9, October 2007 , pp. 328-329(2)
- Study on ‘Controlled Fractional Differential Distraction using JESS for clubfoot below one year of age’ at Medical College Kottayam, India. Study spanning 3 years from 1999-2002. Later submitted to Mahatma Gandhi University as a dissertation.
- Conducted a study on ‘Extra corporeal shock wave therapy for tennis elbow’, Medical College, Kottayam, India.
- Medial approach for fixation of displaced supracondylar fracture of humerus in children – our modification of the technique K J Barlas, B George, and T K Bagga . J Bone Joint Surg Br Orthopaedic Proceedings, 2006 88-B: 433. [Abstract]
- Medial approach for fixation of displaced supracondylar fracture of humerus in children – our modification of the technique- K J Barlas, B George, T K Bagga – British Society for Children’s Orthopaedic Surgery (BSCOS), Milton Keynes- 27/02/2006
- Presented a paper on ‘Controlled fractional differential distraction using JESS for clubfoot below one year of age’ at Kerala Orthopaedic Association, annual conference 2001 held at Palakkad, India
- Presented a paper on ‘Extra corporeal shock wave therapy for tennis elbow’ at Kerala Orthopaedic Association, annual conference 2002, at Cochin, Kerala.
- Audit on outcome of new referrals to neurosurgical outpatients department. Outcome of all new back and neck pain referrals were auditted. Unnecessarily high referral rate for mechanical back/neck pain was found. suggestions to improve the situation were formulated. Results presented in audit meeting, department of neurosurgery, Hull Royal Infirmary – Feb 05
- Audit on surgical treatment of displaced supracondylar fractures of humerus in children. Excellent results were noted in comparison with published work. No change in practice was recommended. Results presented at audit meeting, department of orthopaedics, Diana Princess of Wales Hospital, Grimsby- August 2005
- AUDIT ON AUDIT PRACTICES, evaluated the out comes of audits done in department of orthopaedics at Dumfries and Galloway royal infirmary. Doubts regarding the effectiveness of the whole process of audit were raised and an audit into how many audits were being completed was done. It was found that up to 50% of audits are not even completed and almost none were being re-audited. Several suggestions to improve this situation were presented and recommendations have been implemented. Suggestions included regular monthly audit meeting, preapproval for audit projects, closer liaison with audit department, registry to keep track of all audit programmes and to ensure completion and re-audit. The results of these changes in practices are to be re-audited.